Say Yes to Site Safety!
No job is so urgent and no task so important that you cannot take time to do it safely. From the Construction Employee Safety Handbook: BASIC ON-SITE SAFETY RULES
- Hardhats must be worn at all times
- Steel toe boots must be worn at all times
- Eye protection is required if air borne debris is possible.
- Ear protection must be worn around machinery and tools with elevated noise levels
- A dust mask or respirator must be worn in dusty conditions
- Well fitting work clothes free of loose or hanging material is required
- Proper use of ladders and safety harnesses when working above ground level
- Keep work areas clean and safe. Clutter is a work site hazard
- Any material thought to be hazardous must be reported to a supervisor immediately. i.e. asbestos, chemicals, unfamiliar odor, gas clouds, etc.
- Safety is a team concept. Do not hesitate to ask for assistance. i.e. lifting, climbing, etc.
- Think Safety, Talk Safety, Act Safely
Question regarding safety issues should be addressed to Tom Beddow, Safety Director email@example.com